Boat Survey USA is #1 Marketplace Connecting Boat Buyers, Boat Sellers, Boat Brokers, Boat Owners, Insurance Adjusters, Bank Underwriters, etc with US Marine Surveyors. Launched in 2015 has built as largest, one of a kind online marine surveyors network in all US 50 States.
No more endless phone calls, e-mails and text messages to find a Local US marine surveyors! Post a boat survey order FREE, relax and wait for US marine surveyors quotes to come in to select the best quote! Boat Survey USA advanced online technology is bringing together boat buyers, boat brokers, boat owners, insurance adjusters, bankers, etc with US marine surveyors fast. Greater automation, online payments, disputes (if required), transparency and efficiency makes a US marine surveyor hiring process fast, entirely online and secure. Boat Survey USA network seamlessly connects customers – from boat buyers, owners to boat brokers, insurance adjusters and bankers – with feedback rated US marine surveyors.
Boat Survey USA is a privately-held company based in sunny Hollywood Beach, Florida. Click here to register an account as a customer or marine surveyor.
WHAT ARE MARINE SURVEY TYPES?
– Pre-Purchase Marine Survey
– Insurance or (C&V) Condition and Valuation Marine Survey
– Finance Marine Survey (Appraisal), Donation, Divorce and Customs Marine Survey
– Damage Marine Surveys
– Cargo Marine Surveys
– Commercial Marine Surveys
– Loading boats on ships for international transport Marine Surveys (Loading Marine Surveys)
– Sailboat rigging survey
– Engine survey/Engine Surveyors
– Mechanics for compression testing
– Engine Oil Analysis
– Pre-Sale Marine Survey
– New Boat Construction Marine Survey
– Electronics Specialist Inspector
WHEN DO I REQUIRE A MARINE SURVEY DONE?
– When you are buying, selling, insuring, financing or repairing a boat or yacht
– To substantiate an insurance loss
– To conduct inspections on a new-boat construction
– To document warranty issues before warranty expiration
– To make periodic maintenance inspections
– To monitor a repair or refit of the boat
– Before embarking on a long voyage
– To provide expert witness testimony, donations, estates, court cases, tax assessments
– To asses damage to the boat
– Every 4 to 5 years
WHAT DOES A MARINE SURVEY REPORT PROVIDE?
– Is the boat seaworthy?
– What repairs and maintenance are needed?
– What is the current boats market and replacement value?
– Are there any potential hazards?
– Is the boat fairly represented?
– What is the status of all systems and equipment?
– What is the status of safety equipment?
HOW TO SELECT A MARINE SURVEYOR?
– High ethical standards and an unbiased approach
– Highly trained personnel with an on-going training program
– Acceptance by the major lending and insuring institutions in your home area
– Use of a comprehensive reporting system that is easy to understand and evaluate (survey reports)
WHAT IS THE MARINE SURVEYOR LOOKING FOR?
– Boat structural deficiencies
– Improper and hazardous installations
– Inoperative equipment
– Deteriorated equipment
– Maintenance status
– Wear and tear
– Cosmetic deficiencies (new boats)
– Hidden or masked problems
– Adequacy of systems
– Status and condition of the safety gear
WHAT SURVEYORS DUTIES INCLUDE?
– To provide comprehensive knowledge of vessel to the prospective buyer in order to determine whether he or she wants to proceed with the boat purchase
– To establish the Estimated Market Value
– To provide substantial information to the lender, facilitating the decision making process in acceptance of the financial risk.
– To provide the insurer with pertinent structural and safety features and condition to ensure that the boat is a sound insurance risk.
WHAT ARE BOAT AND YACHT SURVEY RATES?
– Average boat survey cost is between $16-$25 per boat linear ft. The cost of a marine survey may vary and it is charged surveyor to surveyor based on a few factors from the boat type, size, length and it’s location to if sea trial, engine compression test, oil sample analysis, moisture test, ultrasonic test or out of the water hull inspection is required, survey type being performed and even time of the year in some cases. Possible extra mileage fees may also apply.